Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

124 Days and Counting

I've been arguing with my friend Troll from Philadelphia about why guys like him are so willing to give their elected officials a pass when they systematically 1) break some laws (FISA) and 2) fail to enforce other laws (immigration). Now I've found a real American hero (and one that I wouldn't have expected).

It's Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff. Today (as reported on CNSNews.com) Chertoff said:
[W]hat we're focused on is not just individual cases involving a single violator here or a single violator there, but actually looking at those people who adopt, as a business model, the systematic violation of United States law.
Chertoff said the government plans to "come down as hard as possible and break the back" of those organizations.
I will feel really secure in my homeland when Secretary Chertoff goes after all those criminals in the Bush administration that have made a business model out of ignoring United States laws that they find inconvenient!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?